The Peas and me

This is about me and my twins - "the Peas" - and what we get up to.

Monday, March 03, 2008

He's on to a Winner!

I was flicking through one of my favourite reads the other day - the Somerfield magazine (free, and full of great recipes, mums!) - when I came upon a photo of the veteran film director Michael Winner esq, who had an "unusual" recipe for scrambled eggs, which involved mixing eggs and milk then cooking the mixture in a frying pan. Anyway, a voice over my shoulder piped up - for it was the voice of a small boy called Joe - "It's Grandad!" I must say I had never noticed the similarity before, and now I feel quite sick when I think about it.

5 Comments:

Blogger LottieP said...

Yes, I think this queasy comparison has definitely occurred to me before. It's that avuncular twinkle and unmistakeable roguish air...

6:41 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Not to mention the nose.

3:11 AM  
Blogger LottieP said...

Leave it to the young 'uns to spot it... Me and Uncle John have just had a good laugh over this.

8:35 PM  
Blogger LottieP said...

Our friend Peter was round this evening and was looking at my 2008 calendar. May 2008 has a picture of Chris and the Peas, all beaming widely and each trying to outdo the others with the sheer brightness of their attire.

Peter said, pointing at Chris, "He looks like soneone famous". "Michael Winner?" I said, helpfully. "Yes!" he cried.

So it's official.

4:34 AM  
Blogger LottieP said...

No posts since March! Get yer finger oot hen!

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home